Monday, November 29, 2010

excuse me while I gain 5 lbs...

Patti LaBelle's Mac and Cheese is the best I've ever had. EVER.
Mark made this for Thanksgiving...and we liked it so much we (*he) made it yesterday. AGAIN.
I'm eating it for lunch...and I may eat it for dinner too.
Here's the recipe and a pic of ours....before we devoured it.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound elbow macaroni
1/2 cup butter (PLUS means this ingredient in addition to the one on the next line, often with divided uses) PLUS-1 tablespoon
1/2 cup shredded Muenster cheese
1/2 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
2 cups half & half
1 cup Velveeta, cut into small cubes
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350:. Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart casserole. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, add the oil then the elbow macaroni and cook until macaroni is just tender (about 7 minutes). Do not overcook. Drain well and return to the pot.
In a small saucepan, melt the first measure of butter. Stir into the macaroni. In a large bowl, mix the Muenster, mild and sharp Cheddar cheese and the Monterrey Jack cheese. To the macaroni, add the half & half, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheeses, the cubed Velveeta and the eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the buttered casserole. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and dot with the remaining butter.
Bake until it is bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes. Serve hot.

o.m.g.

3 comments:

  1. you will have to make this for Christmas
    Yes I got my new net book. I have to set up my own account, but now I can face book more
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yes, I'll make it for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really yummy! I want some when we stop by soon... :)

    ReplyDelete