Saturday, March 20, 2010

for Kristen....

I just made this for my MOPS Spa Night, and it was deeeee-licious. I was talking to my friend Kristen while I was making it, and she told asked me to blog it. So I broke out the camera and had some fun.

Ingredients:
1 Devils Food Cake Mix
1 Jar of Hot Fudge
1 16 oz tub of Whipped Cream
Mint Extract and Green Food Coloring OR Creme de Menthe liquor


First, prepare a regular devils food cake, in a 9X13 pan. (A little trick I just learned- after letting it cool for 2 mins, pop it in the freezer until cooled- this makes for a SUPER moist cake)
After you take it out of the freezer, let set for 15 mins. Poke a few holes in the cake and then pour the hot fudge all over the cake.

Once that is finished, get to work on the whipped cream. Add a little mint extract and a smidge of green food coloring at a time (tasting all the way of couse) until you find that pretty mint color.


Now spread all that minty goodness over the cake...I crushed Andes mints on top too!
As my kids would say...."Hellooooo Gorgeous!"


(Oh and then came clean up....BEST TIME!) While the kids were coloring on the porch, I had NO ONE asking 8000 times to lick the spoon. C'mon people SOMEONE had too!




4 comments:

  1. it was SO good! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA you make me laugh with your goofy I'll eat the batter picture! :) The cake I made was very similar to this also. ILY

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yum!!!! i make something similar to that but add scor bars to it and use chocolate sauce. it is delish!!!

    ReplyDelete