-You can roll his sleeves better than he can.
-You can have an entire conversation with acronyms
-You can simultaneously be a control freak, change plans on a moment's notice, yet you are not being treated for schizophrenia.
-You know to stay off base between 1130-1400, unless you absolutely can't help it
-You know his "last four" better than your own.
(I have to think, hard, about what mine is.)
-You find yourself up at night doing his MCI's because he has to get up early and needs to rest.
(I've totally done this)
-You get out your ID at Walmart without thinking about it.
-You can read an LES
-You've said, "Good to go", "Roger that", or "oorah" without noticing.
(Good to go is def one of my most used phrases... oops)
-It only costs you $25 to have a child
-You've had a dog named "Sergeant", "Scout", or "Chesty"
-You've used a crooked-neck flashlight with a red lens during a power outage because it was the only one you can find.
-You think his skivvy shorts are hot.
-At a distance, you can pick out your husband out of 100 men with the same clothes and haircut.
(By the way he walks!)
-You're more "moto" than he is
-You know that "field day" has nothing to do with a field.
-You know the exact day he switches from deserts to woodlands and vice-versa.
-You know the exact measurements of his ribbons and medals on his uniforms.
(Actually I don't, I let him take care of that I just check for straightness)
-You get chills when you hear the Marines Hymn Play.
-You know better than to go to the commissary on or the day after pay day.
(O Good Lord!)
-You know how to cut a "high and tight"
(eeeevery Sunday)
-You know what boot bands are and find them all over the house.
-You can pack his sea bag better than he can.
(Actually he is a fantastic packer)
-You know what "motomail" is, and it's your lifeline.
-You know to pull your car over and prepare for colors at the end of the day, if you're really moto you get out of the car
-The National Anthem and any USMC recruiter commercials make you tear up
-You have made a nosedive for a phone call that came up on the caller ID as "Private Name Private Number"
-You've ever had to say goodbye with tears
-You can figure out how to buy groceries for 5 on a budget for 2
-You've had all your children at different hospitals
(Wichita KS, Bethesda MD, Kansas City MO)
I know Jason's social backwards and forwards... mine not so much! Sometimes I miss being an air force wife!
ReplyDelete