The first one that comes into mind is my labor with Ethan. If you have ever had an epidural you know that sometimes it can make your entire lower half go numb. While in labor with Ethan, my legs kept sliding off the bed. I had NO control over what was going on down there. I guess this was a hilarious sight for Mark and my Mother, because they pointed and laughed for like, hours. As I welcomed the distraction from labor, I was laughing, but the same time furious with him. I hated him playing with my dead epidural leg, but I couldn't stop giggling like it was the funniest thing I had seen EVER.
The latest crazy duel emotion onset was just yesterday during our bike ride with the kids. We were so motivated to go on our first bike ride as a family, we didn't think for one minute that 8 miles might be a little long for our 8, 5, and 3 year old children. Nooooo, we said- they go at least that many miles around our cauldesac every night!
So we set off, the first 5 miles were GREAT; sunny day, birds chirping, happy kids....and at one point, Mark even leaned over and held my hand while we were both riding. (Which if you ever do that, make sure when you let go, you just let go- NEVER pull away.) It was a movie-moment.
Then the first whine happened. Then the second. Then the third. Until it was a full blown- we need to stop or all the kids will DIE whining. So we stopped, and the older two decided they were done. So the following conversation happened-
Mark: "OK, if you guys are done, get in the trailer." "Manda, help me strap these bikes to my backpack."
Me: "Are you sure that is going to work?" (Really saying- "That is the stupidest idea I have ever heard, let's just make the kids ride it out...we can go slow.")
Mark: "Can you just help me?"
Me: "Alright." (Really saying- "I still think this is dumb, but I think it's kind of hot how you want to adapt and overcome.")
Mark: (strapping the bikes on his back) "Yeah....er...this is going to work...we just have to go quickly...(grunt).....(curse word)......ok, let's go."
So this has to be, hands down, the HOTTEST and STUPIDEST thing ever.
I'm happy I married a Marine- Mark refuses to say "I can't." If it was just the kids and myself, you couldn't have paid me enough to even ATTEMPT that.
OMG hahahaha! Your legs kept falling off the bed. ROTFLMAO. hahahaha
ReplyDeleteOK no really I believe I would have thought Joey was nuts too. But either Mark is smiling because he proved your thoughts wrong or because he himself thought this wont work and it did!
Either way, way to go Mark. Love ya'll