That's a little dramatic....but I do have a dream of running, not walking 3 miles in October. Keep in mind I'm not a runner, and I haven't been running regularly until recently. I'm doing a training program called "Couch to 5k" and I'm really loving it. I am already seeing the weight come off- not as fast as I want it too, but I guess it takes time. I'm really excited about the possibitly of finishing my first race!
Along with this running, Mark and I have drastically changed the way we are eating. It's all thanks to this movie "Food Inc." If you haven't seen it- DON'T! Not unless you are wanting to overhaul the way you think about food. It
scared us to death really made us think about what we are eating. One huge thing we did was switch to grass-fed meat. It's not
too much more than regular meat, and from what weve eaten so far tastes just the same. We are also eating a ton more fresh fruit and veggies with our meals. We've never eaten "bad" to begin with, but there is always room for change.
The kids are sloooowly getting used to our new pantry. Max asked for a snack the other day, and I gave him cashews...he looked at me and said "Where da Cocoa Puffs?" He's not sold yet, but Dell and Ethan are doing great.
Let's hope our new plan for being healthy works!
Every time I see this heading (like the last few days) I just want to jump up and start singing out the songs of Mamma Mia. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the healthy eating!